Little Star Higher Secondary School is a co-educational private Christian school founded by Late Administrator, Mr. Prakash Paira in 1983 with 13 students and now serves more than 1500 students including 220 hostellers. The school is centrally located at Midland, PWD Road, Dimapur. The name of this school is now pronounced with love, affection, reverence and awe in the halls of education.
The School has a boarding capacity for 220 boarders (Class A to XI). The majority of our boarders are from Nagaland, whilst others are from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, UP, Bihar and also from South Korea. The Hostel has two Blocks. Block ‘A’ has two Air Conditioned Dormitories – one for the Senior boys and one for the Junior boys & girls. Block ‘B’ is for the Senior girls. All together there are 5 Male Wardens, 4 Lady Matrons, 1 Chaplain, 3 ‘Ayahs’ and other supporting staff. There is also one Hostel Superintendent who supervises the wardens, matrons and other stafif. All the Wardens and the Matrons are born-again Christians who also teach in the School and supervise the study of the boarders during study hours in the study halls. There are six study halls with sufficient ventilation, tube lights and fans. The boarding staff are concerned with every aspect of the pupils in their care, giving academic or pastoral guidance and encouragement when needed.
The school has air-conditioned classrooms for Classes A,B,1,2,3 and Class XI and XII.
The school offers two streams at Higher Secondary Level – Science and Arts.
Little Star introduced SMART CLASSROOMS from the year 2011. Students are taught will Audio Visual Aids to help the teaching and learning process.Smart Classrooms allow the students to understand concepts easily.
Little Star Hr. Sec. School is a Christ-centered school, equipping and developing students to effectively integrate Biblical Truth and learning into their daily lives and impact the culture for Christ.
- Christ -Centered : The highest priority of Little Star Hr. Sec. School is for students, faculty, staff and parents to continuously grow in their relationship with Christ and to make Him known to all.
- To attract and retain the highest quality faculty and staff available. Continue to strive to create an environment that fosters personal development and professional excellence.
Aims & Objectives
- To instill a sound independent moral character in its pupils.
- To make the pupils God-fearing persons.
- To lay a solids foundation for the future.
- To guide them towards the correct path for success.