Little Star Higher Secondary School is a co-educational private Christian school founded by Late Administrator, Mr. Prakash Paira in 1983 with 13 students and now serves about 2000 students including 200 hostellers. The school is centrally located at Midland, PWD Road, Dimapur. The name of this school is now pronounced with love, affection, reverence and awe in the halls of education.
The School has a boarding capacity for 200 boarders (Class Nursery to XII). The majority of our boarders are from Nagaland, whilst others are from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and other neighbouring states. The Hostel has separate dormitories for both boys and girls. All are air- conditioned. There are a total of 2 Male Wardens, 8 Lady Wardens, 1 Chaplain, 10 ‘Ayahs’ and other supporting staff. There is also one Hostel Superintendent and one Grade IV Supervisor who supervises the wardens, matrons and other staffs. All the Wardens and the Matrons are born-again Christians. Some are full-time Wardens or Matrons whereas the rest of them also teach in the School and supervise the study of the boarders during study hours in the study halls. There are 11 study halls with sufficient ventilation, tube lights and fans. The boarding staff are concerned with every aspect of the Hostellers in their care, giving academic and pastoral guidance and encouragement when needed.
The school has air-conditioned classrooms for Classes Nursery,A,B,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and Class XI and XII.
The school offers two streams at Higher Secondary Level – Science and Arts.
Little Star Hr. Sec. School is a Christ-centered school, equipping and developing students to effectively integrate Biblical Truth and learning into their daily lives and impact the culture for Christ.
The School was established to provide an opportunity for students to receive quality education framework of a sound Christian worldview (Colossians 2:2-4). The School is committed to inspire children to excellence in character, scholarship and leadership “looking to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.” Hebrews 12:2.
Vision and Purpose Statement
Our vision for each student includes the building of character on the foundation of Biblical values. We believe in working with students who will grow up to be contributors to society, who are not only well educated but also sufficiently grounded in the Word of God, exhibiting the fear of Lord both in attitude and action.
- Christ -Centered : The highest priority of Little Star Hr. Sec. School is for students, faculty, staff and parents to continuously grow in their relationship with Christ and to make Him known to all.
- Academics & Extra Curricular’s : We believe that strong academics should be balanced with appropriate extra curricular activities. The school therefore provides opportunity for students to participate in various intellectual and athletic and sporting activities which help students discover and strengthen their God given talents and use these talents to glorify God.
- Teaching Excellence : We emphasize teaching excellence. Quality teachers are the backbone of great schools. Apart from employing dedicated qualified teachers, the school provides continuous ongoing professional learning opportunities. Teacher development workshops take place regularly all year round.
- Provide high quality, stimulating learning opportunities which interest and motivate students.
- Provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for all.
- Challenge students to achieve their full potential.
- Develop confidence and independence in a safe and positive environment.
- Extracurricular activities that enrich student’s learning, development and maturity.
- Providing athletic opportunities that develop character, leadership, team building and preparation for life.
- Well kept building and grounds that are designed to meet the educational objectives of the school program.
- A faculty of gifted teachers who are enthusiastic learners and who establish caring relationships with students.
- Respect and honor for those in authority, oneself and others.
- Heartfelt spirit of gratitude.
- Diligence and perseverance in working as unto the Lord.
Paid Optional After School Programs
- Paid after school programs from 1:45 pm to 4:45 pm Monday to Friday.
- Extracurricular Sports – Basketball, Table Tennis and Taek-Won-Do.
- Music – Vocal, Guitar, Drums and Keyboard.
Rachel Kikon of Class 5, a member of the Nagaland Pencak Silat team,won a gold in the Pre teens category(Tunggal event) in the 3rd North East Pencak Silat Championship held from February 1 – 3 at Dhekiajuli in Assam. She also won a silver in Tending (sparring) competition.
The state team was led by Deep Kumar. Mr. Deep Kumar of Faith in Action conducts taekwondo classes in the school every Tuesday and Friday.
Pencak Silat is is an umbrella term for a class of related Indonesian Martial Arts. It is a full-body fighting form incorporating strikes, grappling and throwing.