Events held in the year 2023
- Republic Day on 26th January was observed with flag hoisting by the Chairman, LSHSS followed by flag dance by a few students in the presence of teachers and hostellers. An essay competition was also conducted where Limnuker Jamir of Class 10 B got the first place with his essay titles, ‘Role of youth in India’s Development’.
- National Voter’s Day was observed on 31st January, under the theme, ‘Nothing like voting, I vote fro sure’. Drawing competition was conducted for classes 9 and 10 where the 1st place went to Moon Manup of Class 10C, 2nd place to Pragya Khan of Class 10B and third place to Shreya Roy of Class 10D. Students also took a pledge in the morning assembly and a talk was given by Miss Imnajungla on the importance of voting, clean election and age of voting.
- Anti Tobacco Week from 13th Feb. to 18th Feb. with assembly presentations for Classes 8,9,10,11 and 12. The Anti Tobacco Week started with a Power Point Presentation presentation and introduction to the week by Principal, Madam Christina Neikhrienuo. These was followed by several activities that were done throughout the week in the school. Chalk outline of bodies with causes of death were made in the corridors by the Science club. Art Club created a mural on the dangers of tobacco consumption. Students also created their own tobacco free badges and wore it for the entire week.
- Farewell 2023 for Class 12 was held on 25th February for the class 12 outgoing students. During the event, Kimridi got the award for the Best Academic Performer in Class 12 Science and Nonya got the award for the Best Academic Performer in Class 12 Arts.
- National Science Day on 28th February was observed with class wise science quizzes either oral or written conducted by the science teachers.
- International Women’s Day on 8th March where the digital book of poems, articles and essays written by students was released by the Chairman. The book titled, ‘Super Women, Super Moms’ is available here.
- Anti Bullying Week for Classes 1-10 from 14th March to 25th March. Awareness on Bullying and Conflict were done in the assembly for the entire week.
- International Day of Happiness was observed on 20th March by the Book Club. Every class took up an activity where they wrote what happiness meant to them or what they would do to stay happy.
World Poetry Day was observed on 21st March with Poetry Slam Competition conducted for Classes 1-10. Limerick writing competition for Classes 5-7, Free verse writing competitions for Classes 3 & 4 and Poem recitation competition for Classes 1 and 2.
Free verse writing competition winners (classes 3 and 4)
1st- Bidemo Ovung (3D) 2nd- Zila (4C) 3rd- Monglong Chingshong (3A)
Limericks competition winners (class 5, 6 and 7)
1st- P. Tenjong Konyak (6C) 2nd- Linovia Yepthomi (6C) 3rd- Khumshumo Ngullie (5B)
Poetry Slam competition winners (Class 8, 9 & 10)
1st- Abang Mantick (10A) 2nd- Imliyangerla Longkumer (8A) 3rd- Likheka H Yeptho (9A)
- World Water Day was observed on 22nd March under the theme, ‘Accelerating Change’ where students had to create a campaign or project to advocate for less water consumption. Classes 8-10 students created posters on water conservation. While classes 1-7 took a pledge on water conservation. All the classes created a collaborative class poster on water conservation and each student wrote how they will contribute towards water conservations.
This was followed by a quiz competition for students of Classes 5-10 by the respective science teachers. All the students participated in the competition and winners were selected from each section:
List of winners:
- Class 5 : Adena Anar, Khumshumo Ngullie, Odangnen Sanglir and Kuxupu G Achumi and Yash Pondel.
- Class 6 : C Benathung Murry, Madangkum Longkumer, Nilovito Achumi and Apuka Yepthomi.
- Class 7 : Lilong I Loachy, Akangpong Jamir and Shisazen Mollier, Izuto G Achumi and Lily Konyak
- Class 8: Garima Jain and Sennangti, Ilolino V Ayeh, Temsuakum Pongner, Chuyung H Phom and Christina Kikon.
- Class 9: Wonyei Pangteih, Mhonbeni Jungio and Hilivi Chishi, Lilovi Zhimomi and Florence Ngullie, Kaino Yeptho, Randanbemo Odyou, Imlijungla Pongen and Senatula Aier.
- Class 10 : Imkongsenla Longkumer, Pragya Khan, Temjenakum and Sentijungla.
Healthy Food Week was held from 17th April – 21st April to encourage students to eat healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle with different topic presentations during the school assembly.
- Class Presentation Class 9 was held on 29th April with songs, dances, poetry performance, photo booth and stalls. This year, the presentation included general quiz conduced by Sir Medemmenba. The program was organised by the class 9 teachers and students and parents were invited to the event.
- For International Dance Day on 29th April, the dance students under the guidance of their dance teacher, Sir Nishant created a video.
- Class Presentation Class 3 was held on 6th May on the theme, ‘Reach for the Star’. The talented students of class 3 entertained the invitees with music, dances and poem recitations. A general quiz competition was held during the program by the quiz master, Miss Masuma. Taekwondo students of class 3 also gave a Taekwondo performance. There were also lifeskill, cookery, juice, art stalls and subject Stalls. The event was hosted by the class 3 teachers and students and parents were invited to the event.
- The Scholastic Book Fair was held on 10, 11 and 12 th May at the school hall.
On 18th May, under the initiative of Nagaland State AIDS Control society to create an awareness session on HIV AIDS, Little Star Hr. Sec. School Dimapur invited Dr. Molusen Jamir, Medical officer, Art Plus Centre, District Hospital Dimapur on 18th May 2023 to deliver talks on HIV/AIDS prevention. As a follow up of the seminar the school organized an essay competition for class 10 and 12 on 22/05/2023 on the above topic. A total of 58 students participated, out of which 48 students were from class 10 and 10 students from class 12. Three winners were selected from each class.
Class 10 essay competition winners
1st – Areni Jami 10B 2nd – Abang Mantick, 10A
3rd – Akumtemjen Longkumer 10A & Grace Thejanuo Sekhose 10A Tovikali Sema 10D
Class 12 essay competition winners
1st- A Loino Shohe (12A Sc) 2nd- Toli Kivi Awomi (12B Sc) 3rd- Khyothunglo Kithan (12B Sc)
- World No Tobacco Day on 31st May was organised by the Bible Club. This year’s theme was,’ Grow Food not Tobacco’. Slogan writing competition and painting competitions were held in the last two periods.
- World Environment Day was observed on Saturday, 3rd June under the theme, ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’. The hr. sec. students made paper bags using old newspapers and distributed it in the nearby shops. Assembly presentation was also held followed by a pledge.
- On Saturday 3rd June, Class 4 Class presentation was held in the school hall. Parents were invited for the event. This year along with cultural activities and stalls, Spelling bee was conducted by Miss Kikruninuo.
- “Cultivate Kindness”- Charity Week 2023 kicked off on the 2nd Week of June under the theme ‘ Cultivate Kindness’. This year, every day of the charity week, students were given 5 kindness challenges. They had to complete at least one challenge per day. The kindness challenges taught students how to be kind and were as simple as letting someone go first in line, saying hi to someone that they have not spoken to yet, giving lots of high fives and smiling at everyone, etc. Everyday, students, parents, teachers donated stationaries and food items which were in turn distributed to the underprivileged children in different parts of the District along with a team of teachers and students with the chairman and principal.
- Class Presentation of Class 5 was held on 10th June with the theme, ‘Blooming Beautifully’. During the event, Math Quiz was conducted by Sir Rajesh were 2 students from each section took part in the competition.
- Class Presentation Class 1 was held on 17th June, 2023 with the theme ‘Sweet Wonderland’. Spelling Bee competition was conducted by Miss Sumpi where 2 students from each section participated. The event also saw performances by students and stall presentations in session 2.
- Class Presentation Class 7 was held on 1st July on the theme, ‘Learning to Fly’. Students presented dances, songs, enacted lines from famous personalities and conducted a Spelling Bee Competition with Miss Jandeno. This was followed by stalls set up by various subject teachers including food and life skill stall.
- Freshers’ Day
- Annual Day – Annual Day was held on 13th and 14th November. Day 1 was for Classes 7-12 with Mr. Kethosituo Sekhose, Director of Youth Resource as the special guest. Day 2 for Classes 1-6 with Mr. Pfelia, Advisor of ANPSA Central and Propietor
- Class Presentation Class 2
- Class Presentation Class 12
- Class Presentation Class 6
- Class Presentation Class 8
- Class Presentation Class 10
- Cool Card Month – The Cool Card Month was held in the month of September. This is the month where students are caught doing good and given a card that tells the parent the good deed done by the student. This year, the Coolest Student Award went to Liang Yanna of Class 10 who got 29 Cool Cards.